POS terminal PIN-based Scam is Getting Popular Again
Usually, applied in small value purchases.
POS terminal PIN-based Scam is Getting Popular AgainIn: Credit Card, Fraud, POS, Payments, PIN
Usually, applied in small value purchases (>100$) with POS Credit Card payments is raising on popularity.
A Brief Concept:
- You decide to pay for a dinner with your card, usually at cheap restaurant, airport or tourist location.
- Waiter skips the step of entering the amount, and proceed to ask you to enter your pin.
- You enter your pin, which is very likely to be more then an order by a probability (unless it starts with 00) and push the green button.
- After a small waiting, he prompts you to try again because of failed transaction.
- You enter your PIN once again, actually confirming your transaction for the amount equal to your PIN.
Join the talk
Share your toughts on the subject or whatever you would like to know.